Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Carefully arranged or designed.‘a well-planned training programme’‘the houses are well planned and easy to run’
- ‘Even the most carefully thought-out and well-planned plebiscite would struggle to take account of all the real options.’
- ‘It was the most well-planned city with carefully laid out gardens, mosques, schools and markets.’
- ‘The key to building broad powerful shoulders is adherence to a well-planned training routine.’
- ‘A well-planned website is both logical and categorical in nature.’
- ‘A well-planned and professionally reviewed training program is crucial in preventing overtraining.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.