Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Carefully arranged or designed.‘a well-planned training programme’‘the houses are well planned and easy to run’
- ‘The key to building broad powerful shoulders is adherence to a well-planned training routine.’
- ‘A well-planned website is both logical and categorical in nature.’
- ‘A well-planned and professionally reviewed training program is crucial in preventing overtraining.’
- ‘Even the most carefully thought-out and well-planned plebiscite would struggle to take account of all the real options.’
- ‘It was the most well-planned city with carefully laid out gardens, mosques, schools and markets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.