One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Earning or providing good pay.‘a well-paid job’
- ‘It is only natural to hope our sons and daughters will get good marks in their exams, and go on to secure fulfilling and well-paid jobs.’
- ‘In times gone by, appointments were also perceived as rewards for people retiring from well-paid jobs.’
- ‘All four have smart apartments, great clothes and well-paid jobs, but their independence makes relationships hard.’
- ‘My main income is two pensions, but my wife has a well-paid job and is willing to finance the building through a personal loan.’
- ‘Some of those who are leaving are only too delighted to return to well-paid, secure jobs in Ireland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.