One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of certain foods and drinks) having a rich, satisfying flavour developed through ageing.‘a well-matured Merlot’
full-flavoured, flavourful, flavoursome, full of flavour, rich, intense, fruity, deep, heavy, strong, robust, bold, warm, mellow, redolent, well-maturedView synonyms
- ‘California can and does produce really good, well matured and properly bottled wines.’
- ‘Well matured, home-produced cheese, such as blue- veined Cheshire, old Cheddar and ripe Stilton, still sells in the highest class retail stores at higher prices than less matured cheese.’
- ‘Because of Java's distance from Europe and North America, the beans were well-matured by the time they the reached foreign markets.’
- ‘A well-matured Stilton should have no cracks on its surface.’
- ‘It is of the highest quality, well matured and full bodied.’
- ‘Fresh and well-matured peaches command almost fabulous prices in these markets at so early a season.’
- ‘In cold and rainy years certain wines are so tart that it becomes impossible to destroy their tartness by blending them with well matured wines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.