One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Easy to distinguish or recognize; clearly defined.‘a couple of miles along a well-marked track’‘these features are not so well marked in females’
- ‘We hired bikes with ‘chariots’ - lightweight trailers for the kids to sit in which hooked on the back - and went along well-marked trails in search of the herds of wild ponies which feed on the salt marsh grass.’
- ‘There is also a well-marked circular footpath around Rydal Water which is reed-fringed and one of my favourite strolls.’
- ‘This well-marked path leads initially through delightful ancient woodland for about 20 minutes.’
- ‘For those with time to spare a well-marked footpath leads up to the tower.’
- ‘With its superb maps and well-marked network of paths, France is arguably mainland Europe's most walker-friendly country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.