One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Easy to distinguish or recognize; clearly defined.‘a couple of miles along a well-marked track’‘these features are not so well marked in females’
- ‘This well-marked path leads initially through delightful ancient woodland for about 20 minutes.’
- ‘For those with time to spare a well-marked footpath leads up to the tower.’
- ‘With its superb maps and well-marked network of paths, France is arguably mainland Europe's most walker-friendly country.’
- ‘There is also a well-marked circular footpath around Rydal Water which is reed-fringed and one of my favourite strolls.’
- ‘We hired bikes with ‘chariots’ - lightweight trailers for the kids to sit in which hooked on the back - and went along well-marked trails in search of the herds of wild ponies which feed on the salt marsh grass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.