One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing good manners; polite.‘they were well mannered and eager to please’
polite, courteous, well behaved, civil, gentlemanly, ladylike, genteel, decorous, respectful, refined, polished, civilized, cultivated, gracious, chivalrous, urbane, well bred, well brought upView synonyms
- ‘He's polite, well-mannered and hardly ever swears.’
- ‘These refugees are well-mannered, respectful and, even in donated clothes, carry themselves with pride.’
- ‘He was an exceptionally well-mannered and polite lad and a very talented cricketer.’
- ‘I am glad that I have well-mannered, kind, respectful kids, who do know when others are invading their territories.’
- ‘It is a very polite and well-mannered affair, very British, very orderly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.