One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kept in good order or condition.‘neat houses and well-maintained streets’
- ‘We live on a nice, well-maintained street which is out of the way of the throng of traffic found at the other end of the street.’
- ‘It needs to be well-policed and well-maintained.’
- ‘Each has a single main street and well-maintained brick and wood buildings, dating back to the late 19th century.’
- ‘Everything seemed well-maintained and in near-perfect condition.’
- ‘The foundation said drivers also had a role to play by ensuring that their vehicles were well-maintained and fit for the conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.