One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kept in good order or condition.‘neat houses and well-maintained streets’
- ‘The foundation said drivers also had a role to play by ensuring that their vehicles were well-maintained and fit for the conditions.’
- ‘Each has a single main street and well-maintained brick and wood buildings, dating back to the late 19th century.’
- ‘It needs to be well-policed and well-maintained.’
- ‘Everything seemed well-maintained and in near-perfect condition.’
- ‘We live on a nice, well-maintained street which is out of the way of the throng of traffic found at the other end of the street.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.