One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small building or room enclosing a well and its apparatus.
- ‘To your left on the opposite bank you will spot a well house which was restored as part of the Millennium Bridge project.’
- ‘Pass through the ruins of the hall and well house and continue along the main track which bears right and heads uphill to a gate and path junction.’
- ‘The circuit breaker was OK, so it had to be something going on in the well house.’
- ‘It's actually an 18th century well house designed by York architect John Carr, now a listed building.’
- ‘In New Mexico, Albuquerque Underground does some $35 million - $40 million a year in underground utility work, roads, bridges, asphalt, pavement, earthwork, structural concrete, well houses, pump stations, and treatment plants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.