One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small building or room enclosing a well and its apparatus.
- ‘It's actually an 18th century well house designed by York architect John Carr, now a listed building.’
- ‘In New Mexico, Albuquerque Underground does some $35 million - $40 million a year in underground utility work, roads, bridges, asphalt, pavement, earthwork, structural concrete, well houses, pump stations, and treatment plants.’
- ‘The circuit breaker was OK, so it had to be something going on in the well house.’
- ‘Pass through the ruins of the hall and well house and continue along the main track which bears right and heads uphill to a gate and path junction.’
- ‘To your left on the opposite bank you will spot a well house which was restored as part of the Millennium Bridge project.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.