One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothing) exactly the right size and shape.‘well-fitting shoes’
- ‘All you need for exercising is comfortable, loose clothing that is suitable for the weather and a good pair of well-fitting shoes.’
- ‘Look after your feet, and wear well-fitting sensible shoes with thin soles, high sides and good grip.’
- ‘I've found that nice-looking, well-fitting sundresses can be hard to find, and frequently very expensive.’
- ‘You will need a cast-iron pot with a well-fitting lid.’
- ‘A well-fitting mouthguard should stay in place while you're wearing it, so that you can talk and breathe normally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.