One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothing) exactly the right size and shape.‘well-fitting shoes’
- ‘I've found that nice-looking, well-fitting sundresses can be hard to find, and frequently very expensive.’
- ‘A well-fitting mouthguard should stay in place while you're wearing it, so that you can talk and breathe normally.’
- ‘Look after your feet, and wear well-fitting sensible shoes with thin soles, high sides and good grip.’
- ‘All you need for exercising is comfortable, loose clothing that is suitable for the weather and a good pair of well-fitting shoes.’
- ‘You will need a cast-iron pot with a well-fitting lid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.