One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Designed so as to look attractive or to serve its purpose well.‘a well-designed sports shoe should absorb impact’
- ‘There is a well-designed town trail which is appropriately named after the acorn.’
- ‘We saw a whole lot of extremely well-designed buildings in Copenhagen - not fancy or gimmicky, just stylish and smart.’
- ‘It is a well-designed site, simple and easy to move around in.’
- ‘The packing cases alone justified the trip, being strong, well-designed, and about half the price of an inferior product in our local stores.’
- ‘A well designed office chair, specifically for sitting at a desk or drawing board is a worthwhile investment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.