Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Skilfully constructed:‘the screenplay is well crafted’‘his well-crafted public image’
beautiful, lovely, elegant, gracefulView synonyms
- ‘It's very entertaining, really well crafted.’
- ‘Just as reality shows get more and more inane, comedy seems to be increasingly well crafted.’
- ‘To begin with, the film is well crafted enough to seem like a "real" movie.’
- ‘I think there's a certain art to a well-crafted comedic set piece.’
- ‘You are perfectly entitled to enjoy well-crafted, feel-good entertainment without thinking too much about it.’
- ‘Her shifting emotions and growing unease about her role in Reach's crimes are also well crafted.’
- ‘While most of the dialogue is well-crafted, there are a couple of cringingly awkward lines, especially in the final act.’
- ‘The many pas de deux were well crafted, each clearly depicting its true or false emotion.’
- ‘He does not tolerate fools readily, but can be swayed by well-crafted, reasoned arguments.’
- ‘In terms of narrative flow, pacing and, occasionally, phrase-making, the text is well crafted.’
- ‘The music is atmospheric and generally well crafted.’
- ‘Regardless of its roots, it's a very well-crafted TV movie.’
- ‘Watching the film will reveal to you the implicit delights of this well-crafted piece.’
- ‘On the surface, the music is brash, ebullient, jaunty, but also technically well crafted and even refined.’
- ‘There is no doubt that this is a well-crafted movie.’
- ‘The architecture of this new university is consistent, restrained, refined and well crafted.’
- ‘This sequel is not only hilarious but surprisingly well crafted.’
- ‘These characters evolve over the course of a season filled with fascinating cases and well-crafted plots.’
- ‘He stands just a bit above everyone else, which is a tremendous feat considering the well-crafted cast of characters.’
- ‘The music is decidedly modern sounding yet accessible because it is highly imaginative and very well crafted.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.