One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Acquainted with or related to people with prestige or influence.‘the author is so well connected that he gets reviews everywhere’
powerful, influential, of influence, well-connected, high-ranking, high-level, top-level, controlling, dominant, formidableView synonyms
- ‘For what it is worth, one well-connected consultant who spoke to me five years ago suggested that 1995 was perhaps the peak date for payments to authors.’
- ‘Ferraris inspired a sort of hushed awe and their owners automatically became members of an elite club that only the very wealthy and well-connected could ever hope to enter.’
- ‘A well-connected mentor is also important for a rising executive.’
- ‘In many cases involving powerful and well-connected suspects, there is perceived interference in the police investigation.’
- ‘It was not mainly the rich, powerful, or well-connected of Europe who came, but those of a more modest station.’
- ‘He remains a powerful and immensely well-connected figure at the centre of the Scottish business world.’
- ‘Any ambitious, knowledgeable, diplomatic, well-connected woman could presumably do it.’
- ‘Money often goes to favored or well-connected groups, and controversial but promising research may be ignored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.