One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely.‘Leith was well and truly rattled’
- ‘As any gambler will tell you, when your luck is out, it's well and truly out.’
- ‘Spring is sprung and the tourist season is well and truly under way in the North York Moors National Park.’
- ‘There's definitely a copy at work, but the one here was well and truly out of date.’
- ‘We're well and truly all mixed up now and it's a case of trying to get to know everyone again.’
- ‘The game was now well and truly over as a contest although Harps never gave up the chase.’
- ‘The clash of the news titans is well and truly on, and the stakes are high for everyone involved.’
- ‘Even now, when the worst is well and truly behind us, it still makes me go cold just to write those words.’
- ‘Sadly, those in a position to help here have, as we all know, dropped the ball well and truly.’
- ‘The big-spending days which followed promotion are well and truly in the past.’
- ‘The days of authors being separated from the marketing machine are well and truly over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.