One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely.‘Leith was well and truly rattled’
- ‘The days of authors being separated from the marketing machine are well and truly over.’
- ‘There's definitely a copy at work, but the one here was well and truly out of date.’
- ‘The big-spending days which followed promotion are well and truly in the past.’
- ‘We're well and truly all mixed up now and it's a case of trying to get to know everyone again.’
- ‘Spring is sprung and the tourist season is well and truly under way in the North York Moors National Park.’
- ‘Even now, when the worst is well and truly behind us, it still makes me go cold just to write those words.’
- ‘As any gambler will tell you, when your luck is out, it's well and truly out.’
- ‘The clash of the news titans is well and truly on, and the stakes are high for everyone involved.’
- ‘Sadly, those in a position to help here have, as we all know, dropped the ball well and truly.’
- ‘The game was now well and truly over as a contest although Harps never gave up the chase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.