One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a good knowledge of something.‘both are very well acquainted with the area’
- ‘In fact, the majority of my clients are often well acquainted with basic healthy eating principles.’
- ‘But there is at least one movie theater where the managers are well aware of the law - and their customers are getting well acquainted with it, too.’
- ‘His wife Andrea, is an accomplished athlete in a wide range of disciplines and is, like her husband, well acquainted with the nuances of adventure racing.’
- ‘Local shop-owners and businesses were well acquainted with her friendly face.’
- ‘A country woman through and through, Mary was close to the land and herself and Paddy were hard working people who were well acquainted with the demands of the seasons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.