One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a good knowledge of something.‘both are very well acquainted with the area’
- ‘But there is at least one movie theater where the managers are well aware of the law - and their customers are getting well acquainted with it, too.’
- ‘In fact, the majority of my clients are often well acquainted with basic healthy eating principles.’
- ‘A country woman through and through, Mary was close to the land and herself and Paddy were hard working people who were well acquainted with the demands of the seasons.’
- ‘His wife Andrea, is an accomplished athlete in a wide range of disciplines and is, like her husband, well acquainted with the nuances of adventure racing.’
- ‘Local shop-owners and businesses were well acquainted with her friendly face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.