One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See welfare work
- ‘In order to assist the couple, a qualified nurse and a social welfare worker had to visit them both at home and assess their situation first hand.’
- ‘My saving grace came in the form of a social welfare worker who recognised that I was a good father.’
- ‘When the welfare worker finished, several people booed.’
- ‘It seemed that every time Vitto and I walked near Joey's apartment, there was a welfare worker sitting on the steps outside.’
- ‘Each Army unit has a soldier assigned as a welfare worker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.