One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Medium-carbon steels are readily weldable provided the above precautions are observed.’
- ‘With low interstitial content, unalloyed titanium is readily weldable.’
- ‘They are not weldable, have poor ductility and only poor-to-fair toughness depending on carbon content and hardness.’
- ‘Optimum strength and workability can be obtained with 5% aluminum and 2.5% tin; in addition, this alloy has the advantage of being weldable.’
- ‘The weldable aluminum-magnesium-zinc alloys are also receiving attention in this field.’
- ‘Heat treatable aluminum alloys that can be welded effectively are being developed as weldable armor, making it possible to employ more forged and extruded armor components.’
- ‘It has been used to weld dissimilar metals that were not weldable by the arc processes.’
- ‘The coatings are weldable and impervious to automotive and hydraulic fluids.’
- ‘Repairs by welding are limited to steels having known weldable quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.