One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Repairs by welding are limited to steels having known weldable quality.’
- ‘They are not weldable, have poor ductility and only poor-to-fair toughness depending on carbon content and hardness.’
- ‘Optimum strength and workability can be obtained with 5% aluminum and 2.5% tin; in addition, this alloy has the advantage of being weldable.’
- ‘Heat treatable aluminum alloys that can be welded effectively are being developed as weldable armor, making it possible to employ more forged and extruded armor components.’
- ‘The weldable aluminum-magnesium-zinc alloys are also receiving attention in this field.’
- ‘Medium-carbon steels are readily weldable provided the above precautions are observed.’
- ‘The coatings are weldable and impervious to automotive and hydraulic fluids.’
- ‘With low interstitial content, unalloyed titanium is readily weldable.’
- ‘It has been used to weld dissimilar metals that were not weldable by the arc processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.