One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle bringing gifts and samples from local merchants to newcomers in a community.
- ‘I remember moving into a new home and receiving a Welcome Wagon basket on my doorstep.’
- ‘Darlington was a town extremely serious about its Welcome Wagon responsibilities.’
- ‘I can't believe you signed up for the Welcome Wagon group.’
- ‘The Welcome Wagon neighbors have poor judgment and apparently nothing to do.’
- ‘I can tell you're not from the local Chamber of Commerce or the Welcome Wagon.’
- ‘I mean, if this guy showed up in your neighborhood, you'd bring out the Welcome Wagon, right?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.