One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory of evolution and heredity advanced by the German biologist August Weismann.‘Weismannism lost its stranglehold on the scientific world’
- ‘Weismannism, dismissing the Life Force as an illusion produced by Darwinian Natural Selection, is soulless, totally rationalist, fatalist, anarchist, mechanist, and arch-materialist.’
- ‘In biological Weismannism, the genotype is the sole or primary developmental determinant of the phenotype.’
- ‘He claims that Weismann himself did not "conceptually cleave heredity and development, which Weismannism does.’
- ‘Chapter 3 ends this section with an examination of the evolutionary perspective of analysis, including descriptions of Darwinism, Lamarckism, and Weismannism.’
- ‘It is difficult to understand the significance ascribed to Weismannism if one does not also reflect upon the ideological and religious aspects of the scientific controversy between Lamarckism and Darwinism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.