One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory of evolution and heredity advanced by the German biologist August Weismann.‘Weismannism lost its stranglehold on the scientific world’
- ‘In biological Weismannism, the genotype is the sole or primary developmental determinant of the phenotype.’
- ‘Weismannism, dismissing the Life Force as an illusion produced by Darwinian Natural Selection, is soulless, totally rationalist, fatalist, anarchist, mechanist, and arch-materialist.’
- ‘Chapter 3 ends this section with an examination of the evolutionary perspective of analysis, including descriptions of Darwinism, Lamarckism, and Weismannism.’
- ‘It is difficult to understand the significance ascribed to Weismannism if one does not also reflect upon the ideological and religious aspects of the scientific controversy between Lamarckism and Darwinism.’
- ‘He claims that Weismann himself did not "conceptually cleave heredity and development, which Weismannism does.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.