One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small German wine bar or tavern.
- ‘Markets and restaurants are in walking distance of the campus - so are the Weinstuben, which start as soon a you pass through the medieval gate of the preserved city wall.’
- ‘With fine menus and long wine lists, Weinstuben offer guests a selection of the regional specialties.’
- ‘Its well-prepared cuisine of Bavarian and German dishes is priced about the same as that found in far less desirable beer halls and Weinstuben (wine taverns) nearby.’
- ‘This is the most visible Weinstube (wine tavern) in town, established 300 years ago.’
- ‘Much of Würzburg's nightlife takes place in its numerous Weinstuben (wine cellars).’
- ‘The Schroeders are planning to add a Weinstube, or wine bar, as a place to sit inside the restaurant and enjoy a glass of wine and conversation.’
German, literally ‘wine room’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.