One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She plucks two huge medallions from her pocket that dangle weightily from rainbow-coloured tapes.’
- ‘The performance is weightily beautiful, even though it can't disguise the fact that this is essentially a piano solo with violin and cello accompaniment.’
- ‘The large creature fell weightily into the mud, and its rider was smashed face-first into a hard rock.’
- ‘By resisting the temptation to be weightily profound, the story succeeds in telling useful truths with a touch of levity.’
- ‘He had been given a basket of apples and a revolver to sit weightily in his deep overcoat pocket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.