One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decrease in body weight.‘fibre-rich diets may help with weight loss’count noun ‘men can generally record considerably larger weekly weight losses’
- ‘Diuretics can cause quite dramatic temporary weight loss by causing the body to excrete water.’
- ‘There may be weight loss from the upper body, while the legs stay as they were.’
- ‘Regular exercise has a number of benefits for the brain and body, but weight loss does not appear to be one of them.’
- ‘He became breathless and suffered from pain, exhaustion and weight loss.’
- ‘They achieved the impressive weight loss through a combination of healthy eating and exercise.’
- ‘Walking briskly for 45 minutes every day with no change in diet leads to weight loss of 18 lb in a year.’
- ‘Apart from the welcomed weight loss, Paul's overall health should improve dramatically.’
- ‘Average weight loss was 11 lb after four weeks, and some people lost 40 lbs by the end of the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.