One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decrease in body weight.‘fibre-rich diets may help with weight loss’count noun ‘men can generally record considerably larger weekly weight losses’
- ‘There may be weight loss from the upper body, while the legs stay as they were.’
- ‘They achieved the impressive weight loss through a combination of healthy eating and exercise.’
- ‘Diuretics can cause quite dramatic temporary weight loss by causing the body to excrete water.’
- ‘Regular exercise has a number of benefits for the brain and body, but weight loss does not appear to be one of them.’
- ‘Average weight loss was 11 lb after four weeks, and some people lost 40 lbs by the end of the year.’
- ‘He became breathless and suffered from pain, exhaustion and weight loss.’
- ‘Walking briskly for 45 minutes every day with no change in diet leads to weight loss of 18 lb in a year.’
- ‘Apart from the welcomed weight loss, Paul's overall health should improve dramatically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.