One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is concerned about their weight, especially one who diets.
- ‘But a cruise ship is no place for weight-watchers.’
- ‘As any weight-watcher knows, it's tough trying to lose the last few pounds.’
- ‘I bought a new dinner service and a wall clock and some weight-watchers frozen dinners.’
- ‘I ate lots of non weight-watcher food and suffered tremendous guilt.’
- ‘There are a lot of regular guests who turn up just to tuck into salads, including many who are avowed weight-watchers.’
- ‘Research has shown some foods popular with weight-watchers may contain more fat than non-dieting products.’
From the proprietary name Weight Watchers, an organization for slimmers.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.