One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian flowering shrub of the honeysuckle family, which has pink, red, or yellow flowers and is a popular ornamental.
- ‘Tall shrubs, including camellias, hydrangeas, and variegated weigela, were carefully positioned so they wouldn't completely block the windows.’
- ‘Good candidates are aucuba, barberry, forsythia, holly, honey-suckle, hydrangea, spirraea, weigela and even roses.’
- ‘She can produce as many variegated weigela as she wants without buying any more cuttings.’
- ‘Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, and Arum italicum.’
- ‘After his tour he officially opened the glasshouses by unveiling a simple plaque and was then presented with a weigela shrub, part of a unique collection now housed in the gardens.’
Modern Latin, named after Christian E. Weigel (1748–1831), German physician.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.