One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian flowering shrub of the honeysuckle family, which has pink, red, or yellow flowers and is a popular ornamental.
- ‘After his tour he officially opened the glasshouses by unveiling a simple plaque and was then presented with a weigela shrub, part of a unique collection now housed in the gardens.’
- ‘Tall shrubs, including camellias, hydrangeas, and variegated weigela, were carefully positioned so they wouldn't completely block the windows.’
- ‘Good candidates are aucuba, barberry, forsythia, holly, honey-suckle, hydrangea, spirraea, weigela and even roses.’
- ‘Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, and Arum italicum.’
- ‘She can produce as many variegated weigela as she wants without buying any more cuttings.’
Modern Latin, named after Christian E. Weigel (1748–1831), German physician.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.