One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who participates in an activity only in their spare time.
- ‘The retreat of winter and the beginning of the camping season provide a chance for the weekend warrior to explore Canada's vast wilderness once again.’
- ‘I stopped looking at my weekends as mini-vacations and became a weekend warrior.’
- ‘If you are only a weekend warrior, you definitely need to get into the gym at least 2 times a week and you should also be doing about 30-45 minutes of cardio 2-3 times per week.’
- ‘James seemed to go directly from being a weekend warrior to an addict.’
- ‘Avoid the fate of the weekend warrior trying to recapture his glory days.’
- ‘Chances are your weekend warrior started innocently enough as your street car, then it progressed to part-time racer,’
- ‘This is the primary vice of the weekend warrior, the individual who tries to fit a week's worth of exercise into a Saturday afternoon.’
- ‘Whether you are a weekend warrior or a fitness guru pursuing a perfect summer figure, spring is the best time for exercise.’
- ‘Whether you're a weekend warrior, high-school athlete, or pro, sports injuries are an unwanted pain.’
- ‘Commuting is a way to get some exercise in the middle of the week, instead of being a weekend warrior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.