One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marine bivalve mollusc which has a somewhat triangular shell.
Family Donacidae: Donax and other genera
- ‘As soon as the oil begins to smoke, drain the clams and wedge shells and add them to the pot; they'll open immediately, adding their juices to the pot.’
- ‘Shellfish such as small cockles, nut shells and wedge shells are also probably taken.’
- ‘This time I found a sea star with a live wedge shell in its mouth.’
- ‘A complex investigation into cockles and wedge shells, the project topped 159 other entries from students in the region.’
- ‘It's always best to let clams hang in salt water a day to let them purge themselves of sand, although the wedge shells seem to contain very little.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.