One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day or anniversary of a wedding.
- ‘If they want to see Shane on his wedding day, then they are very welcome.’
- ‘They talk about their children, about how beautiful their wedding day was.’
- ‘Yesterday was a special day, being the wedding day of two of my friends.’
- ‘He didn't want his parents and his sister to be angry with each other on his wedding day.’
- ‘It would not be difficult to design a dress for her that would make her look stunning on her wedding day.’
- ‘Despite the fact that the groom had to lean on a cane for the wedding photographs, the couple looked much the same as any other on their wedding day.’
- ‘Our first kiss was on our wedding day, and it symbolized the new beginning of our life together.’
- ‘More and more couples just want to come to Adare for their wedding day.’
- ‘Family and friends travelled to join the happy couple on their wedding day.’
- ‘Once a bridegroom purchased a pair of shoes for his wedding, only to find on his wedding day he had two shoes for the same foot!’
- ‘Tomorrow is my wedding day and I don't want anyone to talk about what just happened.’
- ‘She was begging again; how could one ignore her pleas, especially on her wedding day?’
- ‘For a really big party or event such as your wedding day, the last thing you want to worry about is your hair.’
- ‘He also admits that she looked as beautiful on her wedding day as she did when they first met 32 years before.’
- ‘Gillian, you got married in the last year, what was the moment you remember most about your wedding day?’
- ‘Parents start buying gold jewellery at the birth of a daughter in preparation for the dowry she will need on her wedding day.’
- ‘Some parents go to great lengths to provide a memorable wedding day for their children.’
- ‘As their wedding day approached, she became very nervous about her impending deflowering.’
- ‘She was holding onto his arm and appeared more nervous than on her wedding day.’
- ‘I guess you already have lots of thoughts and visions of how your wedding day should be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.