One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day or anniversary of a wedding.
- ‘Once a bridegroom purchased a pair of shoes for his wedding, only to find on his wedding day he had two shoes for the same foot!’
- ‘I guess you already have lots of thoughts and visions of how your wedding day should be.’
- ‘Yesterday was a special day, being the wedding day of two of my friends.’
- ‘She was begging again; how could one ignore her pleas, especially on her wedding day?’
- ‘Parents start buying gold jewellery at the birth of a daughter in preparation for the dowry she will need on her wedding day.’
- ‘Gillian, you got married in the last year, what was the moment you remember most about your wedding day?’
- ‘Some parents go to great lengths to provide a memorable wedding day for their children.’
- ‘Tomorrow is my wedding day and I don't want anyone to talk about what just happened.’
- ‘He also admits that she looked as beautiful on her wedding day as she did when they first met 32 years before.’
- ‘As their wedding day approached, she became very nervous about her impending deflowering.’
- ‘It would not be difficult to design a dress for her that would make her look stunning on her wedding day.’
- ‘If they want to see Shane on his wedding day, then they are very welcome.’
- ‘He didn't want his parents and his sister to be angry with each other on his wedding day.’
- ‘For a really big party or event such as your wedding day, the last thing you want to worry about is your hair.’
- ‘Despite the fact that the groom had to lean on a cane for the wedding photographs, the couple looked much the same as any other on their wedding day.’
- ‘Family and friends travelled to join the happy couple on their wedding day.’
- ‘More and more couples just want to come to Adare for their wedding day.’
- ‘Our first kiss was on our wedding day, and it symbolized the new beginning of our life together.’
- ‘She was holding onto his arm and appeared more nervous than on her wedding day.’
- ‘They talk about their children, about how beautiful their wedding day was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.