One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wedding ring.
- ‘They are trying to discover how a ring, probably a wedding band, with a romantic inscription ended up on the river bed in one of the country's most visited medieval cities.’
- ‘A wristwatch and a wedding band or graduation ring are the only two pieces of jewelry you should wear to the office.’
- ‘You might believe that a man should limit his jewelry to a watch and a wedding band, but it's always good to throw caution to the wind and add a unique touch to your look.’
- ‘He glanced down at his left hand and studied his wedding band.’
- ‘It does seem strange for a single woman to buy her male friend a diamond ring, a ring that would be considered a wedding band.’
- ‘She played with her wedding band and didn't answer for a long time.’
- ‘He was wearing a heavy wedding band that Martin had never noticed before.’
- ‘‘Here,’ he said, pulling off his own wedding band and putting it in my palm.’
- ‘She showed him the wedding band on her left ring finger.’
- ‘Jenna twirled the wedding band on her left hand.’
- ‘I have worn my wedding band every day since we were married.’
- ‘She wears a gold wedding band on her left ring finger.’
- ‘I'd never worn any jewelry before, but I like my non-jewel-encrusted wedding band.’
- ‘He glanced down at his own bare finger, where his wedding band should have been.’
- ‘His wedding band never left his finger, letting people know that he was forever married to the young British lady who had stolen his heart.’
- ‘A piece of jewellery, such as a wedding band, may hold a significant symbolic or religious meaning.’
- ‘I frowned when I spied the wedding band on her finger.’
- ‘For two years, he's been without the wedding band she gave to him in 1967.’
- ‘He slipped the wedding band onto his left ring finger.’
- ‘I was also able to see that he didn't wear a wedding band, and because he was tanned, didn't show signs of having worn one recently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.