One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person who maintains a particular website.
- ‘In an e-mail sent to webmasters the company said it was bringing forward a $320,000 investment in hardware and software upgrades.’
- ‘The biggest mistake I see webmasters making is creating a website with little content.’
- ‘This is a very common mistake that webmasters/programmers make when dealing with gradient color background.’
- ‘It is important to note that the filter is not a punishment for anything the webmaster did with their new website.’
- ‘So what should a webmaster do to give their website the best chance of ranking high in the search engines?’
- ‘Find out the name and email address of the webmaster of the site and add them to your database.’
- ‘Providing viewers with very little content is a common mistake many webmasters make when they develop their website.’
- ‘Don't be shy about checking out other webmasters' source codes.’
- ‘Adding and updating events online is a task which usually falls to an overworked webmaster or website manager.’
- ‘What should you say to the webmaster in the email or phone call that'll increase your chances of them linking their site to yours?’
- ‘This has become a popular alternative and an effective revenue-sharing program for webmasters.’
- ‘One of the many responsibilities of being a webmaster is keeping tabs on the traffic your site receives.’
- ‘In some cases, webmasters concentrate on designing the web pages and entrust the writing of sales copy to professional copywriters.’
- ‘You then email the webmaster of the other site and ask for a link in return.’
- ‘This should be an important reminder to all webmasters not to publish sensitive material online.’
- ‘All you have to do then, so the logic goes, is contact the webmaster and offer to exchange links.’
- ‘Some webmasters will simply link to any website that links back to them.’
- ‘The ad boxes can be modified by webmasters to resemble the website's color scheme.’
- ‘Therefore, it is advisable for webmasters to use key phrases instead of keywords for their meta tags and web content, so that they generate more targeted traffic.’
- ‘The dangers and harmful effects of webmasters focusing on search engines are very evident.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.