Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hypertext document connected to the World Wide Web.
- ‘In some cases, it takes up to two hours for council officials to access the relevant web page.’
- ‘Try to avoid the use of extra components which the user needs to download to view the web page.’
- ‘Anyone could use this number to access our personal web page, from where they could contact us.’
- ‘Headlines are rated more important than the rest of the web page by search engines.’
- ‘The search function, located on the home page, will locate any item that has been uploaded to the web page.’
- ‘When a search engine encounters an error on a web page it deals with it in the same way a browser would.’
- ‘It requires you to click on a link and go to a web page to read a security message or new terms and conditions.’
- ‘We came across an interesting web page today, full of details on the new 3G encryption algorithms.’
- ‘The way to do it is to start off by creating a web page on your site with a list of links.’
- ‘I'm hoping that Mark will put up a web page with his instructions on how to make the antenna.’
- ‘Both convert the web page to PDF format and you can scale it down as much as necessary.’
- ‘It's a fast and easy way to assemble a whole bunch of digital images and put them online in a web page.’
- ‘The service also includes IP-based voicemail that can be accessed through a web page.’
- ‘For example, someone could scan a code posted on a bus stop with their phone to quickly look up a web page showing when the next bus is due.’
- ‘If you're really serious about designing a web page then you have to consider throwing some serious money at it.’
- ‘To her surprise, dozens of complaints about such DVDs had been posted on the web page already.’
- ‘These ads are pre loaded in the background and then appear on the web page floating over the existing content.’
- ‘Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time.’
- ‘They can either confirm their primary location or they will be directed to a web page to update their address.’
- ‘If you want your own web page posted on the net, you may be able to get one without the unwanted ads.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.