One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though the original vessel was built for fishing, her speed and weatherliness made her ideal as a privateer.’
- ‘The tall rig further contributes to weatherliness yet, with double headsails, has proven easily handled for cruising.’
- ‘As for weatherliness, we heard everything from 45º to 60º when we asked owners how high she'll point.’
- ‘It was a model which combined fair sailing qualities with weatherliness, a great hold capacity for salt fish, and which revolutionized fishing vessel architecture at the time of her building.’
- ‘During my nearly fifty years with small boats I have not even once come to harm due to problems with weatherliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.