One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young female weather forecaster.
- ‘It was in her role as a career-obsessed TV weathergirl in Gus Van Sant's 1995 satire ‘To Die For’ that Kidman started to win audiences over.’
- ‘Liberal Democrat Lembit Opik featured when he got engaged to weathergirl Sian Lloyd.’
- ‘So we hear the story of Bobbie Keith, the weathergirl for Armed Forces Television in Saigon, who became the pin-up darling of a generation of GIs.’
- ‘I've just had a lovely email from Laura, an aspiring weathergirl (I bet she hates that term!)’
- ‘Billie's research for the role of Hero, a new recruit to the regional news studio, included a visit to the home of a real-life weathergirl.’
- ‘Former weathergirl Denise Van Outen was cited as an inspiration by many of the hopefuls.’
- ‘A local man has been arrested after making obscene phone calls to a TV weathergirl.’
- ‘Running parallel to this tempestuous relationship is the whirlwind romance between weathergirl Hero, played by Billie Piper, and sports presenter Claude.’
- ‘Ulrika Jonsson used to be the weathergirl on TV-am.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.