One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young female weather forecaster.
- ‘Ulrika Jonsson used to be the weathergirl on TV-am.’
- ‘Running parallel to this tempestuous relationship is the whirlwind romance between weathergirl Hero, played by Billie Piper, and sports presenter Claude.’
- ‘A local man has been arrested after making obscene phone calls to a TV weathergirl.’
- ‘It was in her role as a career-obsessed TV weathergirl in Gus Van Sant's 1995 satire ‘To Die For’ that Kidman started to win audiences over.’
- ‘So we hear the story of Bobbie Keith, the weathergirl for Armed Forces Television in Saigon, who became the pin-up darling of a generation of GIs.’
- ‘Billie's research for the role of Hero, a new recruit to the regional news studio, included a visit to the home of a real-life weathergirl.’
- ‘Liberal Democrat Lembit Opik featured when he got engaged to weathergirl Sian Lloyd.’
- ‘I've just had a lovely email from Laura, an aspiring weathergirl (I bet she hates that term!)’
- ‘Former weathergirl Denise Van Outen was cited as an inspiration by many of the hopefuls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.