One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See weather forecast
- ‘He created the term anticyclone and pointed out its importance in weather forecasting.’
- ‘Storm chasing is not only carried out for the purpose of weather forecasting.’
- ‘A scientist called Vilhelm Bjerknes, who lived in Norway around the turn of the century, was one of a group of experts who first formulated the problem of accurate weather forecasting in terms that we would recognise today.’
- ‘Imagine how limited our weather forecasting would be without meteorology satellites.’
- ‘The data will help scientists better understand how sources of local pollution affect air quality, and will improve weather forecasting and climate prediction.’
- ‘The 18th century saw many improvements and innovative ideas regarding weather forecasting.’
- ‘The use of radar and other instrumentation helps meteorologists track storms and study rainfall patterns, making weather forecasting more accurate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.