One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See weather forecast
- ‘A weather forecaster said the province should brace itself for more heavy downpours in some areas, as well as cold and wet conditions with moderate rains in other areas.’
- ‘She was I think the first women weather forecaster on BBC Television, and her heyday was in the early 1970s.’
- ‘In the background, a radio fizzed and the plummy tones of a weather forecaster announced: ‘There are warnings of heavy snow, prolonged rain and hazardous conditions right across the country in the next 24 hours.’’
- ‘A weather forecaster uses a three-dimensional map of the atmosphere, and calculates the temperature at which air will start to rise.’
- ‘Each weather forecaster seems to revel in it being the wettest October since whenever, or stressing how the temperatures are unusually high for this time of year and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.