One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rapidly developing severe storm, technically defined as one in which barometric pressure at the centre of the storm drops by at least 24 millibars over a 24-hour period at or north of 60° latitude.‘brace yourselves for the Boxing Day weather bomb!’
- ‘Video shows the moment when lightning struck a wind turbine during the so-called weather bomb on Wednesday.’
- ‘A Nasa astronaut has captured the moment the powerful weather bomb storm swept over the UK, posting the image on Twitter.’
- ‘A fully fledged weather bomb is raging outside which has made our semi-sheltered spot extra popular.’
- ‘The alert comes after satellites revealed the weather bomb - a deep low pressure system - developing near Iceland.’
- ‘About three metres of his yard disappeared during the 2010 weather bomb.’
1940s: popular term for an instance of explosive cyclogenesis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.