One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With extreme tiredness.‘he sighed wearily and hauled himself to his feet’‘I trudged wearily home from work’
- ‘This tasteful understatement yields great dividends on tracks like the wearily romantic ballad "Charcoal Flower".’
- ‘I poked my head around the corner, wearily eying the bustling servants.’
- ‘The club's long-suffering supporters became wearily familiar with the annual ritual of the new boss being paraded outside the stadium each summer.’
- ‘She watched them leave, then sunk wearily to the bed.’
- ‘He wearily walked up the staircase to his room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.