One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With extreme tiredness.‘he sighed wearily and hauled himself to his feet’‘I trudged wearily home from work’
- ‘He wearily walked up the staircase to his room.’
- ‘I poked my head around the corner, wearily eying the bustling servants.’
- ‘The club's long-suffering supporters became wearily familiar with the annual ritual of the new boss being paraded outside the stadium each summer.’
- ‘She watched them leave, then sunk wearily to the bed.’
- ‘This tasteful understatement yields great dividends on tracks like the wearily romantic ballad "Charcoal Flower".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.