One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With extreme tiredness.‘he sighed wearily and hauled himself to his feet’‘I trudged wearily home from work’
- ‘I poked my head around the corner, wearily eying the bustling servants.’
- ‘She watched them leave, then sunk wearily to the bed.’
- ‘He wearily walked up the staircase to his room.’
- ‘This tasteful understatement yields great dividends on tracks like the wearily romantic ballad "Charcoal Flower".’
- ‘The club's long-suffering supporters became wearily familiar with the annual ritual of the new boss being paraded outside the stadium each summer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.