One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be the dominant partner in a relationship.‘there's no doubt who'll wear the trousers in that house’
- ‘After months of fighting and bickering, Emily and Adam settled for friendship, though it was always clear that Emily was the one wearing the trousers in their relationship.’
- ‘Mother wore the trousers in our family, and I can still see her before me in her elegant dresses or painting her fingernails.’
- ‘And we all know who wears the trousers in that household.’
- ‘But my grandmother, who wore the trousers, used to tell him to shut up and stop talking rubbish, so we never got to ask him exactly how they were related.’
- ‘IT'S astonishing how many men like to pretend we wear the trousers in our relationships when, deep down, we know we don't.’
- ‘Is it just his feeble attempt to ensure that I know he is the boss and the one who wears the trousers?’
- ‘Mia liked to wear the trousers in their relationship.’
- ‘I wear the trousers in this relationship and I always will.’
- ‘We're still trying to work out who wears the trousers, even now.’
- ‘The Oscar-winning star blasted reports she wears the trousers in her marriage to Chris and insisted they were equals who complement each other..’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.