One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others, weaponless, filed in through the open door, their faces masks of shock.’
- ‘The modern sportive form of wrestling, an individual weaponless combat activity, probably developed in prehistory from survival fighting, when it became convenient to replace death or serious injury with a more symbolic victory.’
- ‘Basically, when you're up close and weaponless against an opponent, you can do one of several movie-style actions where you reverse the situation with fancy reflexes, take their gun and shoot them.’
- ‘He was weaponless and injured but refused to give up.’
- ‘Together with the members of the aikido club, he devised a form of competitive sparring where an attacker wielding a dagger attempted to score points against a weaponless adversary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.