One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nuclear, biological, or chemical weapon able to cause widespread devastation and loss of life.
- ‘Weaponised ricin is a weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘Terrorist use of a weapon of mass destruction is a frightening prospect.’
- ‘What precisely is a weapon of mass destruction?’
- ‘Not only do we have our own weapons of mass destruction but we are investing in new ones!’
- ‘Several people end up seeking out the case for all sorts of different reasons, most of them not knowing that there is a weapon of mass destruction inside.’
- ‘At the time of writing the big question is, where are the weapons of mass destruction?’
- ‘In the months since, the allies have been scouring the place and have not come up with a single weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘For instance, he might not have bothered at all about the weapons of mass destruction.’
- ‘We are campaigning for the abolition of nuclear weapons and all other weapons of mass destruction.’
- ‘It had never attacked a nation to stop it from obtaining either nuclear weapons or any other weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘An atomic bomb is a weapon of mass destruction which uses nuclear fission to produce vast amounts of energy.’
- ‘This sounds like a weapon of mass destruction to me.’
- ‘Police departments across the country lack the protective gear necessary to secure a site struck by a weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘The use of depleted uranium in shells has been twice condemned as a weapon of mass destruction by the United Nations Commission on Minorities and Human Rights.’
- ‘Ricin has the potential to be used as an agent of biological warfare and as a weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘Like a nuclear bomb, a chemical or biological weapon is a weapon of mass destruction.’
- ‘He then spoke about what might happen if terrorists used a weapon of mass destruction against the United States.’
- ‘Yes, I'm talking about the alleged weapons of mass destruction that were never found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.