One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Methods and resources for achieving something.‘the company is seeking ways and means of safeguarding jobs’
- ‘Here you will have an opportunity to discuss and suggest ways and means to avoid road accidents in Goa and other road-related problems.’
- ‘There may be various causes for back pain, but there are ways and means to deal with it to lead a pain-free life.’
- ‘There are ways and means to achieve this and over time I have become quite an expert!’
- ‘But it should be recognised that there are ways and means of achieving these ends.’
- ‘There are ways and means of achieving your goal, several of them legal.’
- ‘However, there are ways and means to beat the heat.’
- ‘And we had better begin to look at ways and means of reducing carbon emissions.’
- ‘In Scotland, a small country with a large number of resourceful writers, there have always been ways and means of getting noticed.’
- ‘I hope to explore ways and means of strengthening the economic, defence and cultural ties between our two countries.’
- ‘There are other ways and means of dealing with issues like this.’
- ‘There are of course ways and means to keep fuel costs down, most of which have been covered over and over before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.