One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Methods and resources for achieving something.‘the company is seeking ways and means of safeguarding jobs’
- ‘There are of course ways and means to keep fuel costs down, most of which have been covered over and over before.’
- ‘There are other ways and means of dealing with issues like this.’
- ‘I hope to explore ways and means of strengthening the economic, defence and cultural ties between our two countries.’
- ‘However, there are ways and means to beat the heat.’
- ‘There may be various causes for back pain, but there are ways and means to deal with it to lead a pain-free life.’
- ‘Here you will have an opportunity to discuss and suggest ways and means to avoid road accidents in Goa and other road-related problems.’
- ‘In Scotland, a small country with a large number of resourceful writers, there have always been ways and means of getting noticed.’
- ‘There are ways and means of achieving your goal, several of them legal.’
- ‘But it should be recognised that there are ways and means of achieving these ends.’
- ‘And we had better begin to look at ways and means of reducing carbon emissions.’
- ‘There are ways and means to achieve this and over time I have become quite an expert!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.