One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An entity having characteristic properties of both waves and particles.
- ‘The notion of wavicles only begins to hint at the strange realm of subatomic reality.’
- ‘As combinations of energy wavicles become more complex, materiality manifests in more complex ways.’
- ‘The concept of God (if it can be called a concept) then functions in much the same way as Eddington's notorious concept (if it can be called a concept) of ‘wavicle’ in the theory of light.’
- ‘When I talk about reductionist explanations, I don't mean uniformly working our way down to the level of sub-atomic wavicles, and dismissing everything else as unreal.’
- ‘I have read books about space and time, about Schrodingers cat, and about wavicles, Busard ram jets and all manner of fantastical contraptions to propel us at immense speed through the vast depths of space.’
1920s: blend of wave and particle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.