Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A metal tube or other device confining and conveying microwaves.
- ‘Will a planar waveguide generate too much loss?’
- ‘Coplanar waveguides having a deep trench between a signal line and a ground plane and methods of their fabrication are disclosed.’
- ‘When trying to measure and align a single-mode polymer waveguide, difficulties with machine-vision inspection arise as a result of the limited contrast difference between the waveguide and the bulk material.’
- ‘The microwaves are conducted through copper waveguides to the copper tube of the accelerator.’
- ‘In addition to microwave lenses, novel waveguides and other devices are under consideration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.