A surface containing points affected in the same way by a wave at a given time.
- ‘Aspheric surfaces tend to create wavefronts that beat against one another, the changes in one negating the effects of another.’
- ‘Reducing the phase aberrations introduced when the wavefront travels through atmosphere to a telescope sharpens the resultant image.’
- ‘The group of wavefronts is called a spectral decomposition wave of the ultrashort pulse.’
- ‘Conversely, the convex portion of the wavefront diverges as it travels, so that the beam is less intense after propagation than before.’
- ‘Reading the data requires reproduction of both the wavefront and polarization.’