One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of waves in a unit distance.
- ‘Because of the nature of the integrand, v may represent any spectral variable (frequency, wavelength, wave number or energy).’
- ‘The spectra were first converted from wavelength to wave number and then fitted with a superposition of Gaussians.’
- ‘The integration variable in Eq. 1 may be any spectral variable, wavelength, wave number, energy or frequency.’
- ‘A dynamic light scattering setup was used to study the undulations of freely suspended planar lipid bilayers, the so-called black lipid membranes, over a previously inaccessible range of frequency and wave number.’
- ‘Changing the temperature from above to below the lipid phase transition shifted the band position to somewhat higher wave numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.