One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A method of analysis of the behaviour of atomic phenomena with particles represented by wave equations.
- ‘In fact ‘rival’ matrix mechanics deriving from Heisenberg's work and wave mechanics resulting from Schrödinger's work now entered the arena.’
- ‘Among publications on many topics he published work on Dirac's theory of the electron, on the new theory of light, on Uhlenbeck's theory of spin, and on applications of wave mechanics to nuclear physics.’
- ‘In 1926, Schrodinger developed a theory of wave mechanics that treated electrons as waves rather than particles.’
- ‘In mathematics he worked on the calculus of variations, Fourier series, function spaces, Hamiltonian geometrical optics, Schrödinger wave mechanics, and relativity.’
- ‘Some nominators preferred Schrödinger's more visual depiction of electron orbits as a form of wave mechanics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.