One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A differential equation expressing the properties of motion in waves.
- ‘Photonics uses Maxwell's electromagnetic wave equations to analyze light in the same way that electronics applies Schrodinger's equations of quantum mechanics to analyze electrical currents.’
- ‘The Klein-Gordon equation was the first relativistic wave equation.’
- ‘Photons have the curious habit of sometimes acting like waves, so physicists figured it should be possible to describe what was going on using wave equations.’
- ‘He retired in 1981 but at this time his work was concentrating on the theory of nonlinear wave equations.’
- ‘Therefore, it was reasonable to assume that a wave equation could explain the behaviour of atomic particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.