One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where two streams meet.
convergence, meeting, junction, joining, confluxView synonyms
- ‘In the fork above the watersmeet the rocks enclosed a high green knoll.’
- ‘Down there, that large, lush, flat area downstream from the watersmeet, that's one of the deers' rutting greens.’
- ‘One can range eastward along the heights overlooking the Watersmeet, or turn down in the other direction, through a wood’
- ‘They turned to the right down a broad valley and crossed a river above a watersmeet.’
- ‘In winter, two mountain rivers flowing in spate from the great springs higher up mingle their torrents at a watersmeet in some deep ravine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.