One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where two streams meet.
convergence, meeting, junction, joining, confluxView synonyms
- ‘In winter, two mountain rivers flowing in spate from the great springs higher up mingle their torrents at a watersmeet in some deep ravine.’
- ‘In the fork above the watersmeet the rocks enclosed a high green knoll.’
- ‘They turned to the right down a broad valley and crossed a river above a watersmeet.’
- ‘One can range eastward along the heights overlooking the Watersmeet, or turn down in the other direction, through a wood’
- ‘Down there, that large, lush, flat area downstream from the watersmeet, that's one of the deers' rutting greens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.