One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to load and unload a ship's cargo.
- ‘I have been insulted by the professionals - the watersiders and seafarers of this country.’
- ‘Around 20,000 workers in 170 businesses have gained pay rises of 5% or more, including engineers, supermarket workers, watersiders and bus drivers.’
- ‘On August 11, the New Zealand Rail and Maritime Transport Union called off a planned 8-day strike by Wellington watersiders.’
- ‘I have been trained properly by watersiders and seafarers.’
- ‘I can recall, when I was the manager of a stevedoring company - this goes back some while - having watersiders come to the Port of Tauranga who had been involved in the 1951 strike, and they did not talk to each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.