One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A landscape in which an expanse of water is a dominant feature.
landscape, countryside, country, terrain, topography, setting, surroundings, environmentView synonyms
- ‘There are no massive mounds or outlandish waterscapes to divert attention away from the natural splendor.’
- ‘Rice plantations were carefully managed waterscapes that had once been tidal swamps and basins.’
- ‘We need to carefully consider the connections between urban ambitions and river ecology, and the politics of remaking Delhi's land and waterscapes.’
- ‘It is a lush, steaming, tangled waterscape of swamps, soggy plains, and rice paddies crisscrossed with thousands of miles of rivers, streams, and canals.’
- ‘Standing up close, one felt completely immersed in a cascading waterscape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.