One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The horizontal plane which passes through a floating ship on a level with the waterline.as modifier ‘small waterplane area, twin hull’
- ‘The low waterplane area is desirable to reduce motion characteristics from waves, especially during swell seas and storms.’
- ‘Ensuring this behavior is largely dependent on the designer having selected enough waterplane area.’
- ‘Note also that all of the waterplanes presented are for a calm sea surface condition for simplicity.’
- ‘Well balanced waterplanes and a large rudder ensure continuing directional control at quite large angles of heel.’
- ‘The disturbance to proper waterplane shape is the cause of many speed and handling related problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.