One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine clear, colourless flint glassware first manufactured in Waterford in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- ‘These were an enlarged framed picture of the first senior championship title - also specially engraved - and a Waterford glass vase from the present members of the Black and Amber.’
- ‘Turning to the subject of fakes, he conceded that she had been accused of ‘making replicas of Waterford glass,’ which she described as ‘very unkind.’’
- ‘Probus presented Paddy with a Waterford glass bowl and a hurley to mark the occasion.’
- ‘She was presented with a scroll and a beautiful Waterford glass bowl to mark her 60 years of unbroken membership.’
- ‘He made a presentation of Waterford glass of behalf of the South East branch of the National Union of Journalists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.