One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A body of water forming a physiographical feature, for example a sea or a reservoir.
pool, lake, pondView synonyms
- ‘‘I think severe pollution of waterbodies contributes to these diseases,’ he said.’
- ‘Each grid was at least 100 m from any trail, road or waterbody.’
- ‘Extremely eutrophic waterbodies are polluted because they often cannot support a fishery, cannot be used for drinking water, and have few recreational opportunities and poor esthetics.’
- ‘In fact, this world famous waterbody is bearing the brunt of this all-encompassing assault.’
- ‘But lakes and other waterbodies are fast disappearing.’
- ‘Although it is native throughout the region, it has probably been spread to additional waterbodies by stocking programs.’
- ‘Finally, pollutants can change the nutrient balance of a waterbody, making it over-rich, a process known as eutrophication.’
- ‘Store in a compact heap at least 2 metres high, located not less than 50 metres from any waterbody, public road, domestic well or watercourse and 300 metres from any public water supply source.’
- ‘The waterbody, now with natural blooms, has become a major attraction.’
- ‘At this point in time where most suitable trout waters have been stocked already I personally would be extremely cautious and circumspect about introducing trout or any other alien to any new or unstocked waterbody or area.’
- ‘If you trailer your boat to inland waters, you can unknowingly transport invasive species from one waterbody to another.’
- ‘Laws to check reclamation of lakes and waterbodies are not enough; they should be implemented.’
- ‘The Government should, therefore, take stringent steps, including enactment of law, to check reclamation of lakes and other waterbodies.’
- ‘The result is that the waterbody tends to become stagnant, leading to pollution.’
- ‘Predator and prey species co-occur in brackish waterbodies close to the Mediterranean coast of Spain.’
- ‘Paddy has eliminated to the best of his ability, the chances of polluting adjoining waterbodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.